WSO2 Storage Server (WSO2 SS) team is pleased to announce the release of its version 1.0.3.
WSO2 SS conveniently delivers multi-tenant structured and unstructured data storage provisioning capabilities to development projects. Development teams can rapidly provision and access secure and scalable relational, NoSQL Columnar, and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) repositories using a consistent management process. The WSO2 Storage Server management console allows teams to create databases, add users, and provision access based on the web application’s database policies. It is distributed under the Apache Software License v2.0.
WSO2 SS is developed on top of the revolutionary WSO2 Carbon platform (Middleware a' la carte), an OSGi based framework that provides seamless modularity to your SOA via componentization. This release also contains many new features and a range of optional components (add-ons) that can be installed to customize the behavior of the SS. Further, any existing features of the SS which are not required to your environment can be easily removed using the underlying provisioning framework of Carbon. In brief, WSO2 SS can be fully customized and tailored to meet your exact Storage and SOA needs.
You can download this distribution from here and give it a try.
How to Run
- Extract the downloaded zip
- Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
- Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
- Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon
- Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an admin
- If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options and properties that can be passed into the startup script
Feature Catalog of WSO2 Storage Server 1.0.3
- Relational Storage Service.
- Multi-tenant Column Store Service based on Apache Cassandra.
- Cassandra Explorer.
- Cassandra Cluster monitor.
- Multi-tenant Hadoop Distribution File System Service.
- Hadoop CLI.
All bug fixes done within the course of this particular release can be found in the following location:
All feature enhancements done within the course of this particular release can be found in the following location:
All outstanding issues reported upon WSO2 Storage Server 1.0.3 can be found in the following location:
How You Can Contribute
Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.
We encourage you to report issues, documentation faults and feature requests regarding WSO2 SS through the public Storage Server JIRA. You can use the Carbon JIRA to report any issues related to the Carbon base framework or associated Carbon components.
Alternatively, questions could be raised in stackoverflow.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is provided by the very same engineers who build the technology.
For more details and to take advantage of this unique opportunity please visit http://wso2.com/support.
For more information about WSO2 SS please see http://wso2.com/products/
-- WSO2 Storage Server Team --